- reduces nutrient leaching
- adjustment of soil pH
- reduced consumption of fertilizer (nitrogen retention)
- supports the growth and root system of plants
- improves the ion-exchange in soil
- binds heavy metals, radionuklides, organic substances
ZeoGravel advantages in lawn care
- prevents nutrients from being washed away, stores nutrients in its pores and cavities – prevents N from being washed away into ground water
- enables plants to make better use of nutrients contained in the soil, which results in lower fertiliser use
- improves crops because some the retained water and nutrients are used for plant development and root system growth
- improves soil profile aeration and soil ion-exchange
- ideal as a foundation layer for planting garden flowers and trees and establishing green roofs
- high ion-exchange capability (1.2-1.5 mol/kg = 120-150 meq/100 g); enables soil nutrient, content retention, control, and slow release (N, K, Ca, Mg) – better lawn care
- more effective use of fertilisers, which results in lower fertiliser use (economic advantages)
- retains/controls water content = retaining a sufficient amount of water for plants – an improved plant root system – better crops (agronomic advantages)
- prevents nutrients from being washed away into ground water resources /protects ground water resources – soil detoxication
- binds heavy metals, radionuclides, organic substances (environmental advantages)
Garden and lawn care – how it works in the soil?
ZeoGravel – Owing to its unique structure, this soil additive exhibits excellent ion-exchange properties, enables reversible hydration and dehydration, binds and slowly releases nutrients into the soil. Lawn care with natural zeolite makes effective use of fertiliser nutrients (NPK fertilisers), positively controls soil pH, and facilitates root system growth.
Lawn care with natural zeolite ZeoGravel – application options
ZeoGravel is used as a foundation layer for the establishment of lawns, golf greens, gardens for growing fruit and vegetables – the foundation layer retains water in the soil for an extended time period, enabling plants to make use of it at a slower and continuous rate. Lawn care with ZeoGravel provides a lot of benefits.